- General Civil Practice
- Federal Practice
- Oil And Gas Law
- Real Estate
- Creditors Rights
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Family Law
- Corporate Law
- Estate Planning
- Real Estate Development
- Banking Law
- Trust Law
- Syndications Law
- Housing Law
- Leases And Leasing
The commitment of The Smitherman Law Firm, L.C., is to serve its clients' needs in a professional, efficient, and responsive manner with the highest degree of personal involvement, competence, creativity, and initiative.
Founded in 1922 by James E. Smitherman and his brother, David E. Smitherman, the Firm has a tradition of providing a complete spectrum of civil legal services, while devoting individual attention to every client. The Firm is rated "AV" by the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (the highest rating granted for legal ability and general recommendations) and enjoys a superior reputation among the legal profession, the judiciary, and its clients. While the main office is in Shreveport, Louisiana, it has a satellite office in Bossier City, Louisiana.
The Firm has a client base of individuals, privately and publicly-owned businesses, and lending institutions. Its members have expertise in law related to business organizations; mergers and acquisitions; personal injury and wrongful death; trucking accidents; medical malpractice; construction law; employment law; oil, gas and mineral rights; real estate development and financing; banking; bankruptcy; creditors' rights; family law; securities; taxation; estate planning; wills, successions and trusts; landlord and tenant law; and contracts. The Firm handles a variety of civil litigation in municipal, state, and federal courts, and represents clients in transactions throughout the United States and overseas.
As agent for First American Title Insurance Company of Louisiana, the Firm is authorized to issue title insurance policies for First American Title Insurance Company of Louisiana.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?