- Bankruptcy Chapter 7
- Bankruptcy Chapter 11
- Bankruptcy Chapter 13
- Bankruptcy Litigation
- Bankruptcy Reorganization
- Bankruptcy Mediation
- Commercial Bankruptcy
- Real Estate Bankruptcy
- Appellate Practice
- Bankruptcy Appeals
- Creditor'S Rights In Bankruptcy
- Real Estate Workouts
- Secured Transactions
- Commercial Insolvency
- Commercial Workouts
- Fraudulent Conveyance
- Out Of Court Debt Restructuring
- Pre-Bankruptcy Workouts
- Business Reorganization
- International Asset Protection
- Uniform Commercial Code
- Internet Law
In 1991, J. Scott Bovitz and Susan M. Spitzer formed Bovitz & Spitzer (bankruptcy law firm).
Our attorneys appear in bankruptcy courts in all divisions of the Central District of California: Los Angeles; Santa Ana; Riverside; Woodland Hills (San Fernando Valley); and Santa Barbara (Northern Division).
Bovitz & Spitzer represents business debtors, business and consumer creditors, law firms, asset purchasers, and other interested parties in bankruptcy cases (chapter 7, chapter 11, and chapter 13). Bovitz & Spitzer regularly serves as "local counsel" to other law firms and the "bankruptcy law library" to corporate in-house counsel.
Bovitz & Spitzer handles contested matters and bankruptcy litigation (adversary proceedings). For example, we represent clients in automatic stay, preference, fraudulent transfer, Ponzi scheme, lien priority, dischargeability, objection to discharge, and exemption litigation. We file and prosecute objections to chapter 11 and chapter 13 plans.
We handle bankruptcy appeals before the district court, the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
We are involved with pre-bankruptcy matters, assignments for the benefit of creditors, asset protection, and exemption planning.
Bovitz & Spitzer handles matters arising under the Uniform Commercial Code (regarding the attachment, perfection, priority, and foreclosure of UCC liens on personal property).
While we primarily represent creditors, investors, and management, at times we advise individuals about their bankruptcy options.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?