- Criminal Law
- Family Law
- Automobile Accidents
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Drug Crimes
- General Practice
- Juvenile Law
- Personal Injury
- Visitation Rights
Representing clients throughout Eastern Iowa. Give me a call. (319) 354-6000.
Our firm handles legal matters in the following practice areas: Divorce, Family Law, Bankruptcy, Personal Injury, Wills, General Practice, Criminal law, DUI/DWI, Juvenile Law, Adoptions, Child Custody, Child Support, Visitation Rights, Guardianships, Drug Crimes.
I have been practicing in the Iowa City area since 2000. I still consider myself to be a general practitioner, as my focus is on getting to know my clients and setting up ongoing relationships with them. That way I can provide a wide variety of legal services as the need arises based on my knowledge of their background and circumstances.
I have found that, over time, my practice has concentrated more and more on family law (divorce, child support, custody, and the like), criminal law, and juvenile law as I gain more expertise in these areas. I have also recently started a bankruptcy practice, concentrating on Chapter 7 filings at present.
The areas that I practice most in are:
Family Law - this includes:
No contact orders
Criminal Law - this includes the defense of:
Operating while intoxicated - OWI (sometimes called DWI or DUI)
Possession of illegal substances and other drug related crime
Alcohol related charges
Driving and other traffic infractions
Driving license suspensions and other DOT matters
Probation and parole related matters
White collar crime
Juvenile Law - including
Delinquency - When those under 18 are accused of any of the crimes above.
Termination of parental rights
Child in need of assistance cases (CINA)
DHS abuse investigations
Probate - which includes:
Trusts and estates
Living wills and medical powers of attorney
General powers of attorney
Guardianships and conservatorships
I also represent clients in debtor/creditor law, personal injury, motor vehicle accidents, landlord/tenant disputes, property disputes, contract disputes, employment, and other areas of the law.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?