- Commercial Litigation
- Labor And Employment
- Insurance Defense
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Public Finance
- Products Liability
- Real Estate
Committed, Experienced, Focused.
ABOUT THE FIRM
Fields & Brown, LLC, established in 1987, is the oldest and largest minority-owned law firm in the Kansas City metropolitan area. The firm is dedicated to providing effective and aggressive representation of its clients. Attorneys at Fields & Brown have extensive civil litigation experience in both federal and state courts. In addition to its experience in defending employment, insurance and workers' compensation claims, the firm's experience in commercial litigation includes bankruptcy, real estate contract disputes and business torts. Fields & Brown has attained a peer reviewed Legal Ability Rating of â€œAVâ€ through the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. The firm is also listed in The Bond Buyer's Municipal Marketplace (â€œRed Bookâ€), and attorneys in the firm are members of the National Association of Bond Lawyers.
The firm represents Fortune 100 companies and a variety of governmental agencies such as:
â€¢ American Family Insurance Group
â€¢ Bank of America
â€¢ City of Kansas City, Missouri
â€¢ Coca-Cola Company
â€¢ ExxonMobil Corporation
â€¢ Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
â€¢ General Motors Corporation
â€¢ HCA, Inc.
â€¢ Kansas City Area Transportation Authority
â€¢ Kansas City Missouri School District
â€¢ Lowe's Home Centers
â€¢ Missouri Department of Insurance
â€¢ Markel Corporation
â€¢ Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company
â€¢ Prudential Insurance Company of America
â€¢ Shell Oil Company
AREAS OF PRACTICE
Fields & Brown engages in the general practice of law with an emphasis in the areas of Employment Law, Insurance and Workers' Compensation Defense, Public Finance and Commercial Litigation.
Fields & Brown has attorneys at various levels of experience available to meet our clients' needs. The two founding partners, Taylor Fields and Charles Brown have practiced for 42 and 36 years respectively and have practiced together for more than 30 years. J. David Bowers and Carla Fields Johnson, the firm's additional partners, have practiced for 30 and 17 years respectively and have been with Fields & Brown for 17 years. The firm also has two senior associates and one junior associates. The attorneys of the firm are supported by a staff of experienced and well-supervised law clerks, paralegals and clerical personnel supplied with the most advanced computerized research and database systems.
GEOGRAPHIC PRACTICE AREA
Attorneys at Fields & Brown are licensed in both Missouri and Kansas and practice in western Missouri and eastern Kansas.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?