- Family Law
- Parental Rights and Responsibilities
- Child Support
- Lease Agreements
- Child Custody
- Domestic Violence
- Equitable Distribution
- Fathers Rights
- Gay and Lesbian Family Law
- Grandparents Custody
- Grandparents Visitation Rights
- Marital Agreements
- Marital Property Distribution
- Marital Property Law
- Marital Property Settlements
- Matrimonial Law
- Post Divorce Modification
- Post Nuptial Agreements
- Premarital Agreements
- Restraining Orders
- Spousal Support
- Termination of Parental Rights
- Visitation Rights
- Uncontested Divorce
- Collaborative Family Law
- Guardian Ad Litem
- Domestic Relations
- Domestic Partnerships
- Legal Separation
- Parental Rights
- Parenting Time
- Third Party Custody
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Agency Adoptions
- Private Adoptions
- Step Parent Adoptions
- Independent Adoptions
- Probate Administration
- Ancillary Probate
- Probate Litigation
- Estate Administration
Govan Law is a Maine legal firm that provides its clients with a keen understanding of Maine law. We pride ourselves in offering attentive advocacy to families in Southern and South-Central Maine
At Govan Law we know how difficult family and personal concerns can lead to a need for legal advice and advocacy. When these issues arise we feel that it is essential for attorneys to provide their clients with representation that 'gets it right the first time' so that clients can move forward with their lives. Practice areas include family law, divorce, adoption, guardianship, probate, landlord/tenant, title and real estate issues.
When it comes to matters of family law, we believe strongly that parents are best suited to determine what is best for their children. In the absence of the collaboration needed to come to an agreed upon order that meets the needs of children and produces an equitable financial arrangement to move on from divorce, zealous advocacy is of utmost importance in the family law courts of Maine. Govan Law is dedicated to advising clients regarding which options will best serve them and to working hard to make those options a reality.
Although most of our local clients live in Cumberland, York, and Androscoggin counties, we have experience with advocating for clients who live out of state or out of the country but who have legal matters that require representation in Maine courts, such as in Maine military divorces and other similar cases. Attorney Govan is ready and willing to do what it takes to make sure each client is well-informed and effectively represented.
Please browse through our site to learn more about our areas of practice, our experience in the field of divorce and family law in Maine, and some of the key issues that individuals will face as they encounter the Maine Family Courts. Thank you for visiting.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?