- Corporate Law
- Business Law
- Tax Law
- Professional Corporations
- Health Care
- Employee Benefits
- Real Estate
- Estate Planning
Tom Van Meer and Norm Belanger formed Van Meer & Belanger in January of 1989 when they each withdrew as partners from a large Portland law firm. At the time they were among the first attorneys in Maine to form a small specialty law firm. Tom and Norm hoped to provide business and professional clients with a small firm alternative to Portland's large firms. Van Meer & Belanger has grown since its inception as a response to the increasing need for expertise in the areas of health care law, ERISA, business and tax law. Our attorneys continue to adhere to the original vision of offering clients personalized attention and advice in our specialized areas of law.
The firm primarily does transaction work, not litigation. However, we do represent our clients in tax controversies with the IRS and Maine Bureau of Revenue Service, provide support for litigation attorneys, and act as expert witnesses in trials which involve corporate legal matters. The conscious decision to refer litigation matters out of office allows us to focus on our client's immediate and long-term needs, and assures our clients that we are generally available for consultation. If a client's needs include litigation we are able to refer them to the attorney or firm most appropriate for that client.
The firm builds long-term relationships with clients and assists clients with their plans for the future of their businesses, medical practices or family wealth transfers. We work to create an atmosphere in which our clients receive both a superior legal product and friendly, prompt service. We have an open door policy within the office and with our clients. Our attorneys often work together on joint projects which require expertise in multiple areas. We encourage our clients to ask questions and enjoy educating our clients about the legal aspects of their individual circumstances.
- How to Keep Your Home by Avoiding Foreclosure
- Getting Help With Foreclosure
- Helping Your Family
- How to Avoid Foreclosures
- The Best Ways to Prevent Foreclosures
- Understand Terms Used in Foreclosures
- Ways Stop Foreclosures
- Working With Your Lender to Stop Foreclosure
- Debt Consolidation
- Home Loans
- Foreclosure Help
- Short Sale Help
- Loan Modification Help
- Foreclosure Law
- Loss Mitigation Training
- Mortgage Rates
- Use a Loan Modification to Stop Foreclosure
- Difference between Fixed and an Adjustable Rate Mortgage
- Prevent Foreclosure with a loan modification
- How can I buy my home back?
- Are you a victim of foreclosure scams?
- Can I Rent My Property If I am in Foreclosure?
- Where to Report Foreclosure Fraud
- Common Foreclosure Scams to Avoid
- If I Can't Refinance During a Foreclosure, What Can I Do?
- Do I get money back if my Foreclosure home sells for more than what's owed?